Monday, September 19, 2011

Q&A with Guilford Men's Soccer Standout Freddy Gomez

Q: What’s your name and what’s your position?
A: Freddy Gomez, I play midfield and forward.
Q: What is your year in school and your major?
A: I’m a junior accounting and Spanish double major.
Q: What is your favorite thing about being a student-athlete at Guilford?
A: Meeting new people and playing with new players.
Q: What is your favorite moment so far playing for Guilford?
A: Boy, that’s a good question. I’d say playing against Lynchburg last year when we beat them, 2-1.
Q: How was your experience this summer playing for the Carolina Dynamo?
A: Oh great, I mean playing with good players, learning a lot. Just meeting new people is great.
Q: How did the experience help expand your game and your development?
A: It helped me out like getting better with my skills and how to read the game and know the game better.
Q: What do you do outside of soccer or any hobbies you have?
A: I play ping-pong a lot. I do my homework. I watch to TV, and chat with my friends in Chile.
Q: When was the last time you got to go home, or do you get to go home that often?
A: It’s been four years since I’ve been home.
Q: How has that been being so far from home?
A: It’s hard. I mean I live here with my brother and sister and my mom’s back home so sometimes you need that kind of love you know but my brother and my sister being here helps me deal with it.
Q: So since you’ve had some success in the ODAC do you feel any added pressure to perform?
A: Of course. There are people out there watching you play and they know you can do something special.
Q: You know you’re at the top of the scouting report?
A: Yeah, but I just keep humble and do what I need to do to help the team.
Q: For the future do you plan on playing soccer professionally somewhere? Are you trying to go home?
A: I’m trying to go pro here or see if I can go somewhere else. I don’t really want to play in Chile. I want to go either to Spain or Mexico I guess and jump from there.
Q: Have you had any looks from scouts or talked to anyone about that?
A: Not yet, just the Dynamo and we’ll see what’s up after that.
Q: Are you going to play with them next summer?
A: Yeah, definitely.
Interview by Will Cloyd '12

1 comment:

  1. He is looking fine footballer of the college. Yeah, truly he is hard working guy and looks like positive about his career.

    Thanks for introduce him among us.
    education lead generation

    ReplyDelete